When someone is sick, oranges are often the go-to fruit to stay healthy. Though vitamin C is important, and oranges provide excellent nutrients, the lesser-known elderberry fruit may be ripe for the picking when it comes to your health. Let’s look at how you can safely reap the benefits of elderberries.
Elderberries keep your immune system strong to better fight off infections.
Elderberries are loaded with antioxidants, low in calories, rich in vitamins—including vitamin C—and a good source of dietary fiber, flavonols, and phenolic acids. The dark black-purple color comes from anthocyanins, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effects.
Elderberry provides excellent health benefits and can help to:
- Prevent and ease cold and flu symptoms
- Relieve constipation, headaches, nerve pain, and minor skin conditions
- Reduce stress
- Protect your heart
- Tame and reduce inflammation
In today’s environment, it seems like everyone is either feeling a little under the weather or knows someone who is. There has never been a more critical time to keep your immune system strong.
Ten other ways to naturally boost your immune system:
- Get plenty of rest each night. Experts recommend seven to nine hours of quality sleep.
- Eat healthy fats like salmon and olive oil, which may decrease inflammation and boost immunity.
- Avoid sugar, or at least stay under 75 grams. Studies show that sugar, like fructose, can affect your immune-fighting abilities.
- Try to minimize stress. Stress increases inflammation and can cause imbalances in cell function.
- Take natural health supplements like Herman Organic's Elderberry Gummies with Vitamin C and Zinc, which are low in sugar and packed with antioxidants.
- Stay hydrated. Water is essential for your overall health and vital in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Exercise regularly. Moderate exercise can improve the effectiveness of vaccines and may reduce inflammation.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can reduce your body’s ability to fight off infection.
- Skip the invite to go out drinking with friends. Heavy alcohol consumption can compromise your immune system.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
You want to stay healthy to live your best life. Cheers to the Elderberry. And cheers to you for learning how to keep your immune system strong during these wild times.
About Herman Organic
Herman Organic creates high-quality health products and supplements to improve your health and quality of life. Made in the US, our products are formulated by trusted physicians, specialists, and researchers. We got our start working one-on-one with individuals facing a chronic or critical illness and collaborating with their physicians to improve patient health through natural products. As patients shared their success stories, Herman Organic expanded. In addition to serving clinics, our best sellers are now available on e-commerce channels and sold worldwide. Herman Organic is committed to helping individuals everywhere live better, healthier lives.